Awaken Breathwork, with Jasper
A session to learn how to breathe better, increase endurance, deepen a meditation practice or to address any stuck feelings and emotions. >> Sliding Scale €25-€35/person (reservations in advance)
Time & Location
29 Jan, 15:30 – 17:30
Coração Shala, 8670 Aljezur, Portugal
About the Event
>> Reservation in advance <<
The Awaken Breathwork session is for those who want to breathe better in order to increase their endurance, deepen their meditation or to address any stuck feelings and emotions.
Breathing is an ancient tool towards wellbeing and awakening. In this session we practice different breathing techniques to experience how the breath influences our awareness.
Jasper uses ancient techniques, breathing patterns, music and body work to induce altered states of consciousness. This opens up the pathway to forgotten or unknown emotions, memories, dreams, images. A deeper awareness shows us new possibilities, perspectives and clarity on life. Most breathers report peaceful feelings, deep connection to themselves and awakeness.
The session will start with an introduction round, explanation of the breathing techniques and a somatic movement exercise.
The actual breathing session will last around 60 minutes and will be followed by a sharing circle for integration.
>> The breathwork practice is safe for everyone, however there are some contraindications to be considered.
- Cardiovascular disease
- Heart attacks, high blood pressure.
- Recent surgery
- History of panic attacks or psychosis
- Mental illness
- Dont eat heavy for at least 2 hrs before
- Come in light and comfortable clothes
- Please do not wear heavy perfume
- Arrive on time
This session is for you if:
1. You sense you are not breathing well and want to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it.
2. You feel fatigued and want a natural way to energize yourself.
3. You lack focus, have problems with memory or concentration.
4. You are experiencing pain of any type (from fibromyalgia to back pain) and would like to feel relief.
5. You are looking to stay young, rejuvenate, stay healthy, and stave off the oxidative stress of everyday life.
6. You want to feel more centered, more balanced.
7. You suffer from symptoms of anxiety or depression.
8. You lead a stressful life.
9. You have trouble sleeping—you can’t turn your brain off or experience “chatter” that won’t stop.
10. You’d like to be able to meditate, but don't know how to start.
11. You can’t get enough air, can’t take a deep breath, as if your breath gets “stuck” in your chest.
12. You find you occasionally hold your breath.
13. You have GI problems, like irritable bowel, constipation or acid reflux.
14. You worry constantly, experience anxiety and feel overwhelmed by your stress.
15. You suffered a trauma in your past that is causing you emotional pain, and you’d like to achieve closure.
Jasper is a Yoga therapist with over 500hr training, breathwork instructor and Vipassana meditator. Diagnosed with cancer, Jasper understood that he had to make a change in his life. While searching for a holistic healing he got interested in the power of breathing. Breathing has a tremendous effect not only on the physical body, but also influences our mental thoughts and emotions. After healing himself from cancer he deepened his knowledge in pranayama, holotropic breathwork and active meditation and has been dedicating his life to spreading the wisdom of breathing by teaching breathwork and yoga.
>> Sliding Scale €25-€35/person
>> Please reserve your spot in advance. LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE (payment is done in person, on the event day)